Albany Park, eight miles northwest of the Loop, was originally home to German and Swedish immigrants. After 1912 it was increasingly settled by Russian Jews who'd left the crowded neighborhoods of Chicago's Near West Side. After the Second World War, many families moved to the suburbs, resulting in the neighborhoods temporary economic and social decline.
But relief came in 1978 when city government, the North River Commission, and the Lawrence Avenue Development Corporation cooperated to improve Albany Park's appearance. Albany Park's renewal included streetscape beautification, the Facade Rebate Program, low-interest loans, and other financing packages. Redevelopment efforts led to a decrease in commercial vacancies and an increase in residential property values in the 1980s and 1990s. Albany Park again presented an attractive urban neighborhood for real-estate development and commercial investment.
The following NSP properties are available for sale in Albany Park:
Albany Park is empty at the moment; please check back later.